Friday, July 1, 2011

Craft Room Revamp

I have a few rooms in my house that are ready for a re-do.  One of them is my craft room.  It's technically my studio, but I haven't made that leap when describing my creative area.  Maybe it's because I share it with my husbands weight set, hmmm.   

To set the stage, I currently use Ikea Expedit shelves (turned horizontal) to store my supplies and Ikea floating shelves above (& throughout the room) to display my completed pieces.  
EXPEDIT Bookcase, white Width: 31 1/8 " Depth: 15 3/8 " Height: 58 5/8 " Max load/shelf: 29 lb  Width: 79 cm Depth: 39 cm Height: 149 cm Max load/shelf: 13 kg   LACK Wall shelf, black-brown Length: 74 3/4 " Depth: 10 1/4 " Thickness: 2 "  Length: 190 cm Depth: 26 cm Thickness: 5 cm

I've already transformed my closet into a work area, but I really love the fabric backed walls!  So cheery & inspiring!

sewing space by you.

If you think you may try this out, I found a great tutorial for covering walls with fabric.

Another inspiring creation is this great tiered tray tutorial for storing all those little supplies.  The only thing I may do differently is turn it into a lazy susan (is that the correct term?) so I can spin the tray.  Love it!

IMG_2270-web

I still need to choose fabric, a paint color and then convince my husband to add some recessed lighting.  That should do it.  

{Photo Credits}
Click on the picture for a link to the source.

enJOY!

No comments: